Translate the page

Wednesday 8 May 2013

CHECKMATE

I know Check Mate sounds absurd while you read or write poetry but I just couldn't refrain from using this word ( some personal reasons )...




Last battle in thy ground
The tell tale marks and my frowns
Speak of debacle
My overthrown dynasty
Massacre of my world

My magnificent dream was slaughtered in thy battle ground
Before I could anchor by the shore
Untended ,alone on a deserted road
I hear no rain ,smell no petrichor nor I see the sun shone 

Sweet spring just went by
The primroses are still fresh on my mind
Though I may not see them blossom again
My injured heart is too week to even gasp for air


"O Slumber"  could you seal my soul
My tormented heels refuse to stroll
The flowering shrubs that deck thy world
 Lost the significance since I was told
"Checkmate ! You looser , I am the one who controls "


Can you  bring me a sparkling white robe
Can you arrange for few chrysanthemums  and few marigold
Can I ask you to endow the loveliest place  
That I  heard you brought into being for your loved ones alone
Where with none other than you and solitude I can sojourn












Copyright ©2012alkanarula photo credit - google image search results Link for your google analytic code


12 comments:

  1. Gosh! That's emotion packed poetry. I was moved by the pathos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful composition! Pure magic! The flow is great Alka! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great one Alka. Checkmate seems to match with it .

    Travel India

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice..!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Composition! melodious too if sung by Jordin Spark :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cant miss the passion which forms the life of the poem. I cant get over those poignant words. Awesome work Alka.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems...imaginary...as if someone is dreaming for things to happen...!!!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Link Exchange | Products And Prices
The list of link building products and prices currently offerd at LinkMarket.Net.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...